Village Flower Shows have been part of rural life for many years and the Littleton and Harestock Show has quite a history going back to the 1920’s. The heart and soul of the show has always been the competitions for gardeners, artists and cooks.
This year’s competitions include classes for Vegetables, Fruit, Flowers, Pot Plants, Floral Art, Photography, Art. Handwork, Cookery and Preserves
For children and young people, there are classes for all of these and also handwriting and fashion design.
There is also the Women’s Institute competition in which participants compete to produce the best display on a given theme. The results are always stunning and show great creativity and skill.
Why not try your hand in one or more of the classes. There is something for almost everyone and simply having a go is a lot of fun, and…. there are trophies to be won.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Complete an entry form
- Download the flower show schedule and entry form here
- Choose the classes you want to enter and complete the entry form
- You must use the Official Entry Form, which can be found in the show programme
- We cannot accept entries by e-mail.
2. Calculate your entry fees
- Entry fees are 40p per entry for adults for the first 25 entries and free thereafter
- The entry fee for all the Young Person’s classes is 10p per entry
- The entry fee must be paid in cash and we are unable to accept payment by cheque
3. Take the completed entry form, together with your entry fee, to one of these people:
- Ron Coe, 180 Buriton Road, Harestock
- Andy King, 9 Halls Farm Close, Harestock
- Nick Langham, 9 Rozelle Close, Littleton
Exhibits cannot be accepted by Mr Coe, Mr Langham or Mr King
Your entry form must arrive by 5:00pm on Tuesday 28th August 2018.
4. Take your exhibits to the marquee between 8:00am and 9:50am on the morning of Show day
- When you arrive, give your name at the reception desk and you will be given an entry card for each of your exhibits.
- Find the tables reserved for the classes you have entered and place your exhibit there, along with your entry card.
Please ensure you arrive in good time, as we have to close the marquee at 10am to enable judging to commence.